Monday, April 19, 2010

Quote: "Thats why we need schools. We need school to force kids to learn things they have no use for"

Response: This is kind of and insulting idea, that all our schooling is a waste. I also don't agree that teachers hate questions.. None of mine seems to show that. There are standards that teachers have to teach, but thats for a reason. In Leaver culture, everyone has equal jobs for equal food. They are both into the jobs they will have. In our culture we have different layers of people and jobs. Standards make a goal, so that education can be a little more equal. And I know I learn. if I was in a culture with no school, I would have to do what my dad does, and not have a choice but installing alarms. School offers more options.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vincent Supertramp said...

I completely agree, My ishmael more than oftenly take a more pessimistic view on things. I really doubt that most teachers see it like that, and you actually can learn useful things in higher levels of grading. but you should still be open to the possibility though. Just as good intentions can lead to horrible results, cynical motives can have a positive impact.

April 20, 2010 at 9:29 AM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

I thought it was interesting that you took an opposing position on this topic. I know that I agreed with Ishmael and I thought that all student would too. But I do see your point and it makes sense. I do feel that our teachers are good and will help us if we do have questions, but I think that everyone has this overall understanding that it is better to act like you understand things when you don't than to hold up the class. But I do understand what you mean and I think it makes sense.

April 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM

 
Blogger Ms. Charlotte said...

I think it depends on what school you go to. We're pretty lucky at High Tech High because of the approach we take to learning. Teachers have a lot more freedom here to really engage students and their different learning styles.

April 20, 2010 at 9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home